Friday, April 30, 2010

Inspiration of Kokoschka

I like his paintings because they are very expressive. The paintings have bold use of color. I love the way he makes heavy marks. His work looks very sculptural. The first Painting "the Lovers with Cat" is like a puzzle to read, thats what makes it interesting. I like how he connected the two people in this first piece to indicate a relationship. The girl is looking down into the mess. She is turning away from him.


The other two paintings are part of a Triptych called "The Prometheus Triptych". I know they are describing a biblical story. The thing I really like in them is the bright colors. The blue and white light coming from it. There is a lot of depth. I also like the people on horses descending into the light. The white light carves into the painting. There is a nice balance between the two sides.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home